Thursday, May 6, 2010

Preparing for End of Grade tests

My laptop had a virus and I haven't been able to use ActivInspire all week. Until today! It was wonderful. The students missed it, and I did too. We have been playing review games, but they really like any game that they can come up to the board for. They ask all the time.

Today I used the Fit to Width feature as well for reviewing a reading comprehension passage and "Thinking About Our Thinking" strategies. It went so well. The passage was easy to see, as well as the annotations. I was able to very easily scroll up and down through the passage without having to switch between pen and arrow to do so. And going back and forth to answer the questions was also a breeze. The students are still amazed at how easily we can do this now. Instead of waiting for me to erase and redo, or squinting to see a tiny passage, I heard "oohs" and "aahs" as the annotations scrolled with the text on the screen. I could barely keep them in their seats they were so excited to be next. It was nice to spend the majority of my time teaching rather than stumbling through technological roadblocks.

Now that I have my laptop back and it is able to get to the internet, we will be able to resume using it for centers and get to all those review games I had planned. Again, check out my delicious site for links.

No comments:

Post a Comment