Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Other than ActivInspire....

I haven't meant to neglect posting, but have hit a creative roadblock as end of the year tasks pile up. Testing and a different schedule has thrown us off course. Not to mention a second virus on my laptop and the time to fix it and re-upload software. I have not used ActivInspire much in the last few days, but have still utilized the board and features. The size of the board and the side speakers made showing a Discovery Education video on multiplication a big hit. I'd been trying to show the students 2 and 3 digit multiplication, but hadn't had much time to make a good flipchart to demonstrate. The kids were getting sick of listening to me, so I showed a video that walked them through the steps and even highlighted fact families and problem solving. It asked a lot of questions and kept the kids interested. After the video, I asked students to demonstrate what they learned on the board. They could do it! Though a flipchart with different interactive activities was not used, the video was interactive enough to keep student attention, help them work out problems at their seat, and then use the board as a means to assess student learning. I'd say:  mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment