Sunday, June 6, 2010

The New Promethean Planet

You may not have known this, but Promethean Planet has been working on redesigning its website. It's finally here and has some improvements! Searching for resources is much easier. It now displays 20 results at a time and the left side contains many filtering options that weren't there before. I also feel that information is displayed in an easier to read format. There are more community features and online storage of your files so you won't lose them if anything happens to your hard drive. Their store also seems to have more products.

There is also a "My Planet" feature that is a big part of this remodel. I can enter in biographical information, share with friends, and show my recent downloads. It is similar to a facebook page, but is a networking tool among promethean users.  (You can even log in using your facebook account.) I just visited around today, but will have to get my profile up and running soon. Hopefully I'll be able to connect with other teachers all over the world teaching and sharing the same things. I am excited about the possibilities.
Go to Promethean Planet, log on, and click around. Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment