Friday, March 12, 2010

Word Study

I pulled up http://www.spellingcity.com yesterday during our word study time. I had already entered in and saved our list for the week. I pulled it up and found games we could play as a class. We played Unscramble and MatchIt. Needless to say, the kids loved it and fully participated hoping they could get a turn to go up to the board. In this anxious time waiting for spring break and warm weather, I'll do anything to keep kids motivated and get them to pay attention. It was a lively 15 minutes and requires only that I remember to save my list each week. Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. You can actually record your lesson from your promethean board and save it to post to your website. This way anyone who was absent can now go in and review your math lesson or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What part of the website do I go to to download the lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had not utilized SpellCity before. It is a great resource to have when we are doing our WORD study!!!

    ReplyDelete