Sunday, March 7, 2010

Resources

I, and so many others, say often "There's just SO much information out there to pull from!" Especially when it comes to lesson plans, worksheets, ideas, centers, articles, etc., etc., etc. I spend a lot of time filtering through all the muck trying to find websites with resources that are useful in my classroom and for my curriculum. In a recent webinar I attended through Kappa Delta Pi I learned more about delicious.com, a bookmarking website that will keep and store all my bookmarks which I can then access from other computers. I can also see other's bookmarks and share my bookmarks with others. I have been bookmarking the sites I have found recently and want to share them with you now. You can access my bookmarks at http://delicious.com/hilarythomas.

Resources I have found for Promethean start first at http://www.prometheanplanet.com/. I can download flipcharts and resource packs, find answers and support for my questions, and even sign up for free classes. Anyone starting to learn the Promethean board must start at Promethean Planet. To get started you will need to create an account. In the login box on the left there is a link to register. Just choose a username and password and you're in business. The site is easy to navigate through the tabs along the top. For lesson plans and flip charts, click on Resources. For free classes and tutorials, click on Professional Development. I have registered for the ActivInspire Primary online course under the "More Free Courses" tab. There are also free ActivInspire webinars. I find webinars to be a nice approach to learning because I get the benefits of face-to-face classes while still in the comfort of my own home. Some webinars just require you to listen and follow along, while some like class participation. I haven't checked out Promethean Planet's webinars yet, but I am definitely planning to soon.

You should also check out http://teacher.scholastic.com/whiteboards/languagearts.htm for more interactive whiteboard activities PreK-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment