Sunday, March 21, 2010

Placing Video in Your Flipcharts

Tonight I've been playing around in ActivInspire creating a flipchart on summarizing to use this week. I wanted to spice it up and played around with backgrounds (Go to "Resource Browser", there are AMAZING things there) and font. I even wanted to insert a video. I found one on Discovery Education, downloaded the clip and then imported it into my flipchart.
Like this:
Insert --> Media --> Choose Media to Insert

I have the video set up as a full screen right now that will begin playing when I click to the page. I have seen other flipcharts where you can click on an icon and then pull up the video in a new, smaller screen. (I don't know how to do that yet. But I will find out.)

I knew there were backgrounds and charts in the Resource Browser, but I took the time to flip through each folder today to find the hidden gems inside. I found ready made charts and graphic organizers, diagrams like a skeleton and flower anatomy (perfect for our upcoming science unit), grid paper and number lines (which I have used for geometry and fractions), game boards, and fun, swirly background I used in my flipchart today.

I was also bored with some of the color choices for the background and pen ink. I decided to right click on a color I was bored with and a color screen popped up. I could replace it with a different color, or click on the color picker for more options. I am excited to change things up just a bit.

I have a bunch of new ideas already for my flipcharts and they definitely include resources from the Resource Browser. I'll let you know what I do soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment