Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How Do I Turn This Thing On?

The long awaited and anticipated arrival of my Promethean board has come! I have proudly used it in my classroom for two whole weeks and, yes, it has been turned on and used EVERY day.

(Ok, so I know it's not my Promethean board. It belongs to the school. But I treasure it so dearly that for now it will remain mine.)

Oh, how I prepared for its arrival. Where will I put it? How can I use it? What will my students think? How will this change my lessons? And then suddenly it was up, drilled to the wall in all its glory. And I stared at it thinking, how do I turn this thing on?

That's where this blog fits in.

I am currently studying Instructional Technology through Virginia Tech. This semester I am doing a project on the Promethean board. I will be evaluating it, collaborating with other teachers using the technology, sharing my work, and keeping this blog of all I learn and do with my board.

I hope you find it useful. I hope too, that you will comment and share your work and thoughts. Happy Boarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment