Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Ideas

I am definitely using my board on a daily basis. Word study sorts and games, interactive websites, math lessons, and pretty much anything else we would work out on the board, etc... It has increased some enthusiasm, and being able to use the shapes and lines has been great for math. Without it, I don't think the students would have understood fractions on a number line quite as well. I have used the same things in different ways over the last few weeks, but I'd like some new ideas. How do you use the Promethean in your classroom?

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed using the promethean to help my students learn fractions. I used a wonderful flipchart from Promethean Planet that really helped my students understand what the numerator and denominator were and where they went. It really showed in the k-2 assessments that I just graded!! I am still figuring things out, but I use it daily. I use it first thing in the morning everyday for our morning activity. (Keeping Skills Sharp from the DPI Mathematics website). I am also a huge fan of the DE Streaming videos and have used those to teach about nouns, verbs and adjectives. I love reading your blog and have gotten so many good ideas! Thanks!

    Laura Danford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! And can you give me the website that you use for your morning activity? That sounds great.
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete