Thursday, September 20, 2012

SMART Exchange Resources

The SMART website is a good resource for training and tips to enhance your lessons. Whether a beginner or more advanced, you'll probably still find something new. A good place to start is http://www.smarttech.com. (This is different from the SMART Exchange where you can download lessons.) On the top navigation, go to Resources and click on Training and Professional Development.

Scroll down the page and you have a few options. I suggest checking out the Free Resources or the Training for Education sections.

The Free Resources section has short tutorials or PDFs with step by step directions.  (Find the "more" button to expand each section to browse said tutorials.)



Many of these are much like the other tutorials I put on this blog. Short, step-by-step, with pictures to help you learn to do one thing at a time. As someone who has not actually taught with a SMART board in my classroom (I had Promethean), everything I've learned about SMART has been self taught or learned by searching resources like this. I was very excited to come across these guides. I learned some new, very fun things to put in my notebooks.

Like the magnifying glass:


And the Magic Tunnel:


I recommend revisiting this site often to find new ways to add interaction to your lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment