Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mimio: Add A New Activity

Mimio has a great, EASY way to add an interactive activity to your lesson in minutes. This is created from the "new activity" option. These activities include matching or sorting items in a variety of subjects.

For example:

Animal Classification:



Or syllable sorting:



Here's how to create an activity:

1. In Mimio Studio click on the "New Activity" icon or go to Insert--> New Activity



2. Choose the subject, grade level, and type of activity. I chose to make a math activity for K-2.



3. Choose your Topic and the categories for your activity. I chose shape classification, sorting circles, rectangles, and triangles.




4. Next, you are given a screen with the "library" and "choice pool". The library is the catalogue of options for your topic. In my case, the shapes I have to choose from. In my activity I can choose which colors and types of shapes I want. I am going to include a variety of colors and a few different looking triangles. To choose to add more, I simply right click in the choice pool and add. I can make sure certain shapes are included by right clicking in the library and choosing "include".





(You can only "include" as many items as there are choices. So if you get a warning box, go back and add more choices.)

5. When you are sure you have all the choices you want, click "next" and preview your activity. If you need to change anything you can choose "back" and make your changes. Then choose "finish" and your activity will appear on your page.


When students are ready they can drag the items to the correct column. A green check will appear if they are right and a red x will appear if they are wrong. 

Take a look at the options they have in each subject when trying to come up with an activity for students to do. This really takes less than 5 minutes and gets students involved in the lesson. That was easy!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I would like to create an activity for my German students but all the predetermined activities are in English. Is there any way I can add a topic or a subject with a bank of vocabulary or vectorized images?
    Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete