Sunday, April 4, 2010

March 31-It can do what?

Ok, I'm going to have to backdate some of my posts because my internet at home was down and it was a crazy week.


On Wednesday, I went to Deborah and Gretchen for some help. I wanted to know how I could upload my lessons onto my school website. I found out two things.


1. If I export my flipchart as a PowerPoint, then I can upload the file under the "files" section. Awesome. I have been creating flipcharts in math that could be viewed from home if a student missed a lesson or wanted to review what we had done at school. They could even do the activity we did at school that day at home if they had all the materials (ie. rulers, paper, etc...) So now I know how I can get them up on my website and share them. The kids may or may not be excited about it, but I am.


2. Did you know you could record what you are writing and then view it in Windows Media Player? Yup.


Say you are demonstrating subtraction with regrouping. You can:

Go to the main menu tab -->tools-->more tools--> screen recorder --> full screen record

Then a recording box will pop up. When you are ready, click record and the "Save" box will pop up. You can name and save your file. When you click "Save", the screen will be ready and will start recording. There is a pause feature if you need to pause in the middle of the recording. When you are done, click stop.

To view your recording, hit play (or view it later by opening the file you saved). It will play in Windows Media Player as a .wmv file. This can also be uploaded to the school website.

Like this:



Does anyone have any other ideas to incorporate this into lessons?

No comments:

Post a Comment